Saturday 19 July 2014

Officially a Missionary!

Sister Barrett has been in the MTC for a few days now and is absolutely having a wonderful time! She attended a devotional given by a General Authority with the 4,000 other missionaries currently in the MTC! Here is her email for this week.

"I'm SO excited to email you all!! MY FIRST EMAIL AS A MISSIONARY!

The MTC is AMAZING! I love my companions! Yes...I did say companionS!! I'm in a trio and it's so great because the three of us get along so well. We all admit we were so scared about getting companions but we became great friends instantly.

I had the opportunity to go to Temple Square today. Only international missionaries get to go so I'm so grateful that I'm foreign here! We got a tour of Temple Square from the sisters that are serving there. It was cool to see what the Temple Square sisters do. They're basically just tour guides so that's definitely different!

Obviously I'm the only Irish missionary in the MTC so everyone thinks that's really cool! They put up an Irish flag out the front of the MTC just for me!! I felt so special when I saw it!! Also..randomers keep coming up to me like "Oh hey! You're the Irish sister! Can I get a picture with you?" So I'm definitely not used to all this attention but it's fun being the only one!

I've learned so much just in the 3 days that I've been here. I love it so much and I just can't wait to go out and serve the people of the Massachusetts Boston Mission! My whole district is going to the same mission and there's a whole other district going there too so we'll all be flying to Boston together on the 29th of this month (I still get my birthday in the MTC!!). My district is so great! We all get along so well. It's just us 3 sisters and 6 elders so it's a lot of fun and we work really well together.

This is me at the Provo Temple. The international missionaries all got to go there to see some baptisms.


Real sister missionary badge!

This is my district!

(L-R) Elder Warren, Elder Kelley, Sister Zickella, Sister Jessop, Sister Barrett, Elder Jones, Elder Burnett, Elder Heflin and Elder Miller.


I love you all! Don't forget to write to me! I LOVE getting letters and I promise I'll write back to them all..it'll be so much easier when I'm in the mission field.

Love
Sister Rebekah Barrett
xxxxxxxxx"


Sister Barrett's birthday is coming up on the 26th of July! There's just enough time to send her a birthday card, as she will be leaving the MTC on the 29th of July. Don't forget you can also write to her on www.dearelder.com or email her at her ldsmail account!

No comments:

Post a Comment