Monday 20 October 2014

Norwich = Home

Sister Barrett will be staying in Norwich so you can continue to send letters to her flat address. Just message me or her mom on facebook if you need it! Here is her email for this week.

"So here's the big news...I'm not leaving Norwich, but Sister Blair is :( She's getting transferred to the Longfellow Park 1st and 2nd Wards in Boston for her last transfer. She goes home in 6 weeks so it was quite a shocker when we found out she was getting transferred. I'm going to miss her SO much, but I'll always keep with me the things I learned from her. She'll always be my mission Momma :) And for the next 6 weeks I can call her whenever I like! We have Transfer meeting on Wednesday so I'll meet my new companion, Sister Morgan, there! She's serving in Greenfield Massachusetts at the moment :) I'm really excited to work with her.

Our district with our zone leaders

I have SO much exciting news this week! So I don't know if any of you remember me telling you about our investigator in the MTC, John? Well I was talking to Sister Jessop recently and she said that he got baptised!! He sent a picture of him on his baptism day and  he looks SO happy!

Next piece of exciting news..we had a training in District meeting a few weeks ago about extending baptism dates because we've been really bad at that lately as a Zone. We set monthly goals to extend baptism dates, but then don't do it, and it makes absolutely no sense. So we talked about what's holding us back, and really it all came down to fear. Fear of rejection, and lack of faith. BUT the training got us all really pumped about extending dates and it gave us the push that we all needed. So we looked at our monthly goals to see the people we had set goals for to have a baptismal date and we said "Okay..let's do this!" This week we extended a date to our investigator, Peggy. We felt like she was the least likely to accept, but we still took the leap of faith and she accepted! She's getting baptised on November 22nd. She still has a long way to go but we're here to help her get there :) 

ANOTHER amazing thing that happened this week...so this movie, "Meet the Mormons' is changing people's lives! A couple of youth in the ward brought their friend to see it and after the movie she walked out and said "I want to be baptised and convert my family." WHAAATT?! The youth texted us STRAIGHT away! So we'll be meeting with her parents soon to get their permission. We are SO excited about this!! 


We drove into the church car park one evening and we saw a possum running through the bushes! So we got out of the car and we searched for it, and then we saw him running, and he ran behind this fence and just looked at us. He was like this for about 10 minutes, just completely standing still. I think we scared him to death. But we named him Gavin!




Sister Blair teaching Gavin the possum the gospel!
The work continues to progress here in Norwich! This is a blessed land!! This place is ON FIRE! Now that Sister Blair is leaving, that means I'm taking over the area, so the pressure is on. But I'm determined to keep the work progressing here in Norwich. I love this place. It's home now. I've been here for 3 months! And I'll be here for another month and a half AT LEAST!

Being a missionary is THE BEST!! I love you all and I hope you all have an amazing week :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment