Monday 10 November 2014

A November to Remember

"Hey everyone!!!

So this week has been INCREDIBLE!! We have seen so many miracles as we've been praying to achieve this goal of 70 baptisms.

I have an AMAZING miracle story from this week!! Buckle up, because this one made me WEEP!! So this week we went to see Roxanne, and as you all know she's been investigating the church for over a year, and she's been praying about a baptismal date for a while now. So we went there and we asked her how she's feeling about baptism. She asked us "Well, does it have to be on a Sunday?" so we told her that it doesn't have to be on a Sunday, it can be any day. Then we continued on with what we had planned for our lesson. Then later on, Sister Morgan asked "So why did you ask if it had to be a Sunday?" and she said "Well I really want it to be a Saturday so my husband can be there", so I told her that the date we originally extended to her, November 29th is actually a Saturday! And she just lit up and said "Oh really?! Well let's do that then!" So Roxanne is getting baptised on November 29th!!!!! We are all SO excited!! Pretty much everyone in the ward knows her and everyone is SO happy for her and so excited! Her husband, Steve is SUPER supportive. He's so good to her. There are tons of missionaries in the mission coming for this because so many of them taught her! This is the biggest miracle ever!!

We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was amazing! It was all about Hastening the work of Salvation. A topic that all missionaries LOVE! Something INCREDIBLE happened at Stake Conference though...well it was incredible for me... So this older man came up to me and said "Are you Sister Barrett from Ireland?" so I told him I am indeed. And he introduced himself to me as Brother Dannecker. His Dad was my Dad's bishop when he was serving in this stake on his mission. His Dad is now serving in the Preston temple with his wife, and I met him when I was there in June. I have had a lot of experiences like that ever since I got here and it just makes me feel so at home here. I dread leaving the Providence Rhode Island Stake!!

Funny story of the week, we got to hold baby turkeys at a members house this week! My life is now complete! I can die happy now.

Baby Turkey!

Then later, we were at an investigators home, reading Book of Mormon stories to the kids.....their kitten REAAALLY likes Book of Mormon stories! 



This place is my home and I love it SO Much! Norwich ward is constantly growing and the Lord is hastening his work. We are experiencing miracles on a day to day basis, and it's not just us, it's the entire mission. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

I hope you've all had a great week :)

Love,
Sister Rebekah Barrett"

No comments:

Post a Comment