Monday 18 May 2015

Whaaaaaaattt???

"Hey everyone!

So I don't even know where to begin because SOOOOO much has happened this week!! All good things :D

Okay well, I guess I'll start from the beginning...

So on Wednesday we met with Keith at the Caputo's home and we planned his whole baptismal service, like who's saying the prayers, who's giving talks, who's baptising him etc. It went really well. He seems like he's totally ready and very excited. Now all he has to do is have a baptismal interview and then he's all set to go!! We're so excited for him!!

Okay so I'm just going to skip to Friday because this was the long awaited day. It was the day that T-texts came. T-text day is SO intense! Everyone is just so excited to find out if they're staying or getting transferred, and it's just crazy! So anyways, we went to District meeting as usual, but then we all got a text saying that T-texts weren't coming till later in the evening, so that made it even more intense. We had to wait even more time to find out what was happening!
So on our way back from District Meeting, we were just in the car, and then we get a call...from President Packard!!! I answered the phone, and then he said "Sisters! I'm calling to tell you that you have BOTH been called as Sister Training Leaders!"  I'm pretty sure Sister Saito's heart stopped! She just looked at me and shouted "WHAT?!?!" It was a crazy phone call! But we were so excited! I asked President i we'd be staying together as STL's, but he told us "You'll just have to wait till T-texts to find that out!" So that made the wait for T-texts even more intense!!
It wasn't until 6pm that T-texts came. We had to wait till the VERY LAST TEXT to find out what was happening to us! So first of all, we saw this: "Sister Halcom- Greenfield", so then I knew I was gone, and then we saw: "Sister Barrett- Avon". 

I'm going to Avon, Connecticut! Back to where it all began! CT BABY! 

It's in the Hartford, Connecticut Stake! So because nobody knows where Avon is, I'll give a little background. It's right outside of Hartford City, The Hartford Temple is in my Ward boundaries, the ward boundaries are tiny compared to my 2 other areas. This is really going to be a big change, but I'm excited.

On the other hand, I'm sad to be leaving Greenfield of course. This place is home. I've been here for 6 months and I've really gotten to know the people and the area, and I've become part of this branch. The people here are family to me, and I'll never forget any of them. I'll be keeping in touch with them for sure! And hopefully I'll be back for Keith's baptism! :D

So my last week in Greenfield has been really amazing! We had an incredible lesson with Porter. We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we had Kelly, one of our members with us, and it was just AWESOME! We had our lesson all planned out, and it was going better than we could ever hope for, but then as we talked about baptism, something inside of me just told me "you need to invite him to be baptised', and I fought against it for a few minutes because I told myself that he wasn't ready, but then I couldn't hold it in any longer, and I just had to. His answer to the invitation was not what I was expecting. He said "Yes I do think that's something I need to do, but not right now." It wasn't "No". So we told him that that's okay. He'll know when it's the right time, because the Lord will tell him. I told him that the Sisters will let me know when he's getting baptised, so I can come back, and he said he'd love that! It was really great :)

So, my time in Greenfield has come to an end, and it's been so incredible, I've learned so much from my companions here, and the members and investigators here. I've developed lifelong friendships, and I've come to love the people and the place. It's a very special place to me. When other people hear of Greenfield, Massachusetts, they probably say "Uhhhh where even is that??", but to me, it's home, it's where my family is :) I had the opportunity to bear my testimony one last time in Greenfield yesterday, and it was really emotional. But I was glad that I got to stand up there and let everyone know how much they mean to me, and bear my testimony of the restored gospel. 

My mission means everything to me, and I'm excited for this next chapter. I'm excited to see what Avon, Connecticut brings into my life! :)

I got some new glasses this week! Hope you all like them!


I love you all so much! I hope you all have an amazing week!

Love,
Sister Rebekah Barrett"

Anyone who wants to write to Sister Barrett in her new area, you can contact myself or her mom on Facebook for her address! Thank you for all your love and support!

1 comment: