Monday 6 July 2015

America the Beautiful!

Hey everyone!!

I hope you all had an amazing week! Our week was great!

So we met our new mission President this week, President Miller. When he first walked in it was kinda weird because he looks a bit like a shorter version of President Packard. They're totally different, but both awesome. Someone gave a great analogy. President Packard is like Elder Holland, and President Miller is like Elder Bednar. They're both awesome, but in completely different ways. 

So, we celebrated the 4th of July this weekend and it was wonderful! We went to some barbecues and we had a different curfew so we got to watch fireworks! We had to be in by 10:30, so we met up with our Zone and watched Fireworks together! It was so awesome!!! Then in church yesterday we sang all the songs about America at the back of the hymnbook! I never thought I'd ever get to sing those in church. Dreams come true!


We love America!

We got a mini missionary yesterday and we are so pumped! Her name is McKenna and she's from Groton CT, which is in the Providence RI Stake! My old Stake! She is SO awesome! She wants to serve a mission so we're going to make sure she has the best week ever! We have a really crazy week though. We have a bunch of mission meetings to go to, so she gets to see what it's like to be a Sister Training Leader and go to Boston twice a week! 

We're going to Boston tonight to see The Mormon Tabernacle Choir! The mission got 500 free tickets! We are SO excited! 

This week we had a really cool lesson with our investigator McKelle :) She is just very open to anything because she hasn't really been brought up with any religious background. She KNOWS God is there and that He hears her prayers, but she doesn't really know anything else. She's awesome though. When we talked about how we have a living prophet on the earth today, she was like "Yeah I have no problem believing that!"

I just LOVE the people here!

This gospel is true! It brings so much joy to my life! I love the happiness that the gospel brings, and I just love being a missionary, and getting to share my happiness and love for the gospel with people everyday! 

I love you all! I hope you all have an amazing week!

Love,
Sister Rebekah Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment